Saturday, August 25, 2007

First Week Predictions

What follows are my predictions about each of my classes.

French 1: Learning a new language should be fun. There are only a few foreseeable problems that I believe this class will give me. One is learning the new pronunciations and not confusing them with Spanish pronunciations. Also spelling will be a major problem early on because some words have letters that are not pronounced, which will take a lot of getting used to.

Wildlife Issues: Seems like it will be an easy class if I keep up to date with the work or just work with others since all the assignments are online it seems.

Number Theory and Elliptic Curve Cryptography: Lots of work considering that I did not take the Elementary Number Theory class in the spring. Professor is really cool and the topic is interesting.

Advanced Calculus 1: Working through Rudin so that right there lets you know that it isn't going to be a walk in the park. On the first day of class we got the "...this class is where some of you will start to hate math..." speech. I have already worked through the first and a majority of the second chapters on my own and have been frustrated at time but not to the extent of ever wanting to quit math.

1 comment:

Ann said...

wildlife issues sounds like my enviro class, or a type of tree-hugger class.