Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New News

Not sure if I mentioned on here before, but I have a job for the summer. Sure I'm glad to have a job but I really would rather be doing something that is more math or computer related. And more computer related than using MSOffice. This has further motivated me to become quant. Also I'm preparing for the GRE, ideally I would like to take it before I start school again. However, I am not sure I'll be able to learn all the vocab (random words and roots) by that time; as well as do lots of practice problems and test. Then I get to take the math subject test in October, and again in November if needed.

In some of the free time I have I've managed to start another blog, start leaning regular expressions, learn Bash programming, read a few chapters from an algorithms book, and learn a little more about C++. So not too bad if I don't say so myself, however none of these topics has really been explored to much depth. Notice the lack of math on that list, it's pretty depressing. I'm considering buying a book on Measure Theory (either with relation to probability or integration) and another on Stochastic Processes.

Well that's all for now. Just though I'd drop by and give a brief update since I've been somewhat busy recently.

2 comments:

Miorel said...

Something you hate? Probably shouldn't admit that, in case your boss reads your blog.

Nick said...

Good point. Edited, and probably more accurate as well.