Monday, August 10, 2009

Super Freak

I was talking to Ashley yesterday. The conversation was going pretty well. She was talking about how she is enjoying her time in Chicago before going back to MIT. Then somehow we got to talking about programming languages and physics. Personally, I'm pretty surprised that she didn't complain about having to learn to program. Back in high school she would avoid anything that involved using a computer, that wasn't looking stuff up on Google or Wikipedia. But I suppose you can only avoid it for so long while being at MIT.

Well after talking to her, for some reason I started to really freak out about the whole graduate school application process. I still have to write a draft of my personal statement, and take the Math GRE subject test. I have gotten all As in my major classes, participated in a summer research program (paper under consideration for publication), and also plan to do a senior thesis. All this on top of what I am sure will be strong recommendations. Yet for some reason I am still worried. I suppose that I am worried that this won't be good enough to get into the school(s) that I really want to attend.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Well you have a decent amount of time, right? Unless the applications for some schools are due in October and nobody told me... but I didn't see anything like that in the math grad school book Tim gave me.

Also, you do Putnams and are planning to do a senior thesis. And your paper is finished (I have to finish ours... probably should do that before school starts lol). That beats me out threefold.