Saturday, April 07, 2007

Peanut Butter Jelly Time

SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE,...

These past two days were a very much needed break from studying and stressing over REU. First off I did not get accepted to the REU program, but I am not too upset because the program was designed for students with more mathematical experience. This summer I will spend taking classes either at FSU or UF. Most likely at FSU assuming that the math department allows me to take Linear Algebra and have it count towards my major; if not then I will have to stay in Gainesville and find a summer job to help cover the cost, since my scholarships only pay for the spring and fall semesters.
Now that I have discussed that it is time to get back to the original topic.
On Friday I went to the Hands Down Showcase, which was a hip-hop dance competition. All of the performing groups did an awesome job. Yes Trina, I'll admit that the Assins performance was good, but only on a performance level. I think Sarah's description of their dance is the most accurate one that is possible with the English language (the description was: SEX, not sexy, it was sex). After the Hands Down event we (Trina, Joe, Gene, Sarah, and I) decided to have a wholesome meal at Subway. We had conversations about things I don't remember anymore, I hope that none of them were about anything serious. Boredom set in so we decided to go to "Club Joe". That was fun until we had to turn down the music because some girl on the second floor complained that our music was too loud. Her exact words were, "Could you turn it down, or at least the bass. I mean EVERYTHING IS FUCKING MOVING!" Honestly, what could she possibly have been doing that would require silence? It was Friday at around 11p.m. she needs to get out and have some fun. Well after she left we had some fun with the lights, hopefully no one in the room was prone to seizures because then I would feel bad about us putting them through that. We even watched about three or four episodes of Happy Tree Friends, if you do not know what that is then I suggest you go to YouTube and find out. Sarah had the best reaction to these videos. Trina was laughing at them which was something that I was not expecting at all. Later at around 3a.m. on Saturday we decided to watch Battle Royal at Beaty in Matt's room. The movie was somewhat disturbing, but overall I thought it was alright, definitely something that I would consider watching again in the future. The movie was bases off the manga which was bases off a book. I don't think that I will ever read the book but if I can ever find the manga I would love to read it and hope that it will help to clarify some of the things in the movie. By the end of the movie everyone was tired so we decided to call it a day and all went back to our respective rooms. I got back to my room and fell asleep around 5:00a.m.
After I woke up I went and saw The Man of Mode with Trina, Sarah, and Gene. The plot was somewhat original and very humorous. The only problem was that since I am not very good with names I do not remember the names of all the characters, I had to identify them by how they acted and the clothing that they wore. Medley turned out to be my favorite character in the whole play, because it was through him that many of the events were set into motion. Also everyone in the play was almost always willing to share their "secrets" with him. After watching the play we went at ate then went back to Weaver and watched a few episodes of Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The days events were concluded with about an hour of pool at the Reitz.
Well I need to head to bed now since I have to wake up early for church tomorrow.

Video 1:


Video 2:

1 comment:

Ann said...

sounds like a fun day.
i like the videos today. but i could sing shake so much better than they could. i should have been in that video.