Friday, May 16, 2008

Deja Vu

Today just like any other day had its ups and downs. A few days ago I decided to try Wubi, which is a way to try Ubuntu before you decide on whether or not you actually want to install it on your computer. Well I was not able to get my wifi working, a serious issue for any computer user in these times. I spent basically all day trying to get this right but it seems that my efforts were all in vain. Thus I decided to uninstall Wubi, however, even after this when I started my computer there would always be an option to start up Ubuntu (which of course didn't work with out Wubi). So I reverted my laptop back to the factory shipped condition. The next few hours were spent removing all the unwanted programs and reinstalling those which I had saved before the restore.

I wasn't at the computer during the entire restore process. Went out with Ann to a restaurant, but am not able to recall it's name. the food was pretty good and not over prices. For some reason I let her talk me into having the sweet potato side. Honestly it wasn't all that bad but not as good as the sweet potatoes that my mom makes when I come home. Looking back the only negative about our lunch outing was that almost as soon as we got to the restaurant it started to rain, so we were wet while we waited to be seated.

After lunch we went back to my place and had some fun with the internet and learning about phone numbers. Just in case you were wondering it is not possible to have pi and "e" as phone numbers. They both violate some rule about the placement of the number "1". Well now I will have to find a new mathematical constant to have as my future phone number. If you know of one that is available feel free to leave it in a comment.

Today I downloaded the new Lupe Fiasco album, The Cool. I haven't really had the chance to listen to all of the tracks but some stand out more than others. As of now my favorite is Go Go Gadget Flow, and the one I skip most often would have to be Superstar, due mainly to the fact that I hear it everywhere I go. Below is a video of another one of the better songs called "Little Weapon", listening to the lyrics makes you think how sad and it is even worse because it is true.


1 comment:

Ann said...

Famous Dave's!
and fool. i never convinced you to have sweet potatoes as a side. i just said that's what i was getting, and since you always want to be like me, decided to get them as a side as well. :-P
ps. i wanna see your laptop again to see what size i want.