Thursday, May 29, 2008

From Big to Bigger

I would like to start this post off by saying congratulations to all the 2008 graduates; high school, college, graduate school, medical school, etc. it doesn't matter. The road has been long and hard (some harder than others) but you have finally made it. Looking back on the last four or five (or more in some cases) years, wonderful memories rush to the forefront of you mind at incomprehensible speeds. Times spent with friends doing "stupid" things, things you regret ever happening but because they did you are a better person. (We all have things we regret it's just a matter of how we deal with it, so I don't want to hear any "I don't have any regrets about my life" bull s**t) So of you will be continuing your education or looking to work in academia, while others will be starting "life". Which ever category you fall into I wish you the best of luck.


A few days ago (May 22nd) I attended my siblings' high school convocation, well actually many of my friends were there but it would take too much time to list them, so I'll just list a few: Ann, Clara, Roland, and Jeremy. Now that the event is over I am glad that I decided to attend. Ever time someone I was close to won an award it made me proud since I would be able to say "I know them and we are great friends" in addition they deserved the award for all of the hard work they put forward both in and out of school. I can only imagine how their parents must have felt.

Today was my sibling's graduation. It's not until you have to sit through one of those as a nonparticipant that you see how fast they move. For some reason I remember my graduation taking forever, but then again I was anxious for it to all finally be over. The speeches given by the saluditorian and valedictorian were both quite good. The saluditorian is a good friend of mine and a funny guy so naturally there were some (well really many) hidden comments in his speech. The only part I regret is that my parents decided to show up only five minutes before graduation started so parking was hell and it was near impossible to find seating. We ended up sitting above the tunnel where all the graduates entered and left, so as my siblings were leaving they were able to see us. Also there was no way to get any good pictures of what was happening on stage because we were so far away. Oh well, being there is what really counts, and I managed to get a few good pictures.

No comments: