Monday, October 27, 2008

Homecoming Weekend

Well I was not on campus, as a matter of fact I wasn't even in Gainesville, for homecoming this year. Instead I was attending the ACM ICPC Southeast Regional (a programming competition for college students). We took four different teams this year. It was my first time going and I didn't do all that well on the placement test so as a result I ended up on the 4th team. At the competition we managed to answer 3 of the 10 questions and finished 21st out of abut 62 teams. Also we beat the 3rd team. Our school's first team answered 5 questions and got 2nd place (the fist place team also answered 5 questions), while our 2nd team answered 4 question and I am sure that they were in the top 10. Overall I believe that we did very well, considering we were with out the aid of the C++ STL and Java API refernce sites which we were promised.
Any case, it is time to prepare for next year's competition. My goal is to be on the fist team and get 1st place.

No comments: