Saturday, January 10, 2009

Annoyance

Well I decided that this year I would like to keep better track of what I listen to, so that when I make the "Best of 2009" post the numbers will be more accurate. Only problem is that I can't for the love of me enable the Last.fm scrobbling program while using Ubuntu. Well that's not entirely true. I've gotten it so that it recognizes the song, the only problem is that when I get it to do this I am unable to actually play the song with my media player. I've looked around and have a general idea of what is causing this problem. Only thing is that I haven't been able to find a solution, well I'm sure I could but right now it's not at the top of my priority list. In addition to this I use pandora quite a bit, and I'm not sure if it keeps track of your listening trends the say way Last.fm does. Oh well.

So I'm using my Windows XP computer for the first time in a few months. One thing I will say is that I miss having a gcc compiler. I have Dev-C++ which usually pretty close to being the same but it's just not the same. I looked around and found a way to get the compiler I want for XP but don't really feel like doing all the necessary work right now, I'll probably end up doing it around the time of finals. The only reason this is a bother is because when I submit solutions to SPOJ problems there is a small chance that there might be a compilation error. It would be really cool if there was an online "compiler" so that I could check before submitting (this is when I'm not writing the program under Ubuntu of course).

One last thing, for those of you who continually ask "What are you going to do with a math degree?" or "Why math?" Here is an answer I'm sure you'll like. Notice how the top rated jobs are mostly math/science related.

No comments: