Monday, May 25, 2009

Y-Game

So I have come up with a personal summer project. I am going to recreate "Y-Game". Basically this was a text bases RPG that my friend created back in high school for the TI-83/84.
Right now it will still be text based, but that might change depending on how much time I end up having. Also it will be more elaborate since I will be writing the game in C++ (or Java, but not likely).
From this I am basically hoping to become more familiar with header files, linking files, and most of all writing and reading data from a file. I already know how to read and write to a file, I would like to do that so that it is possible to save your progress in the game and then come back at a later time and continue.
More than likely the next few post will be updates on how things are coming along.

No comments: