Friday, May 26, 2006

Tracking my future

So yesterday I sat down and planned what classes I would like to take during my first semester at UF. First I started off by looking at what credits I already had because of AP scores, yay I have met my composition requirement. Then I made predictions on what I think I will get on the AP exams that I took this year.

Basically, I am going to try and get all or most of the general education requirements out of the way during my first year. That way I can take classes that really interest me, such as more math, physics, computer classes, economics and business.

Well here is a list of the classes that I would like to take the first semester;
1) History of Astronomy
2) Analytic Geometry and Calc 3 or Honors Calc 3
3) Chinese Culture
4) Introduction to Combinatorics
5) Physics with Calc 2
If I am able to I would like to replace Intro. to Combinatorics with Numbers and Polynomials.

The main reason I am doing this is because the guidance department at Chiles was not that stellar, actually they were sub-par at best. This has caused me to lose almost all reliance on any sort of academic advisors what so ever. I am sure the ones at UF will be better, but I am not willing to take any chances.

I would like to however, take a class on Chinese language, but they were only offering this at the advanced level...not a good place to start. I want to become a quant so I will be taking a lot of math, physics, and programming courses. I would also like to get an internship at a hedge fund sometime before my junior year. So that I can see if this is something I would really like to do for the rest of my life. If not I think I will try to become an actuary. If both of these plans fail at least I will know Chinese so can possibly get a job with the government as a translator.

No comments: